In addition to relieving back, neck or joint pain, chiropractors may also be able to help the body heal itself through their manipulations of the spine. Chiropractors believe these manipulations stimulate your body’s ability to heal itself.
Research has been done to verify which conditions The Chirospot respond well to chiropractic care. This includes back pain, neck pain, joint pain, whiplash and headaches. Some chiropractors treat conditions that are not proven to respond to chiropractic care, including high blood pressure and asthma.
Your chiropractor should let you know if medicine or surgery is more appropriate for your condition. A chiropractor cannot prescribe drugs or perform surgeries. Additional information: Chiropractics do not treat:
- Osteoporosis is characterized by bone thinning
- Breaking bones
- Tumors of the bone are called osteosarcomas.
- Arthritis that is severe
You should know the following about conditions or situations that should probably be handled by other medical professionals if you’re considering seeing a chiropractor:
- Some chiropractors use spinal manipulation to treat high blood pressure. Some reports claim chiropractic neck manipulation may lower blood pressure. However, a 2014 study compared chiropractic neck manipulation to fake chiropractic treatment. pressure. The study found no difference in blood pressure between the two groups after six weeks.
- An evaluation of eight studies on chiropractic care for asthma concluded that it should not be used exclusively as a medical treatment. Asthma is another condition that chiropractors treat.
- The phenomenon of a stroke occurring as a result of damage to a cervical artery in the neck has been stated to be associated with certain chiropractic neck manipulations.
- There has been no strong evidence to link strokes with the inflammation of blood vessels in the neck. Strokes are a loss of the blood supply to the brain.
Chiropractic Care Can Be Complementary
Chiropractors give their patients more than just spinal manipulation. They also advise them on healthy lifestyle habits like exercise, diet, and nutrition. It’s a whole-body health approach.
Chiropractic care may not be the best solution for all situations, but you can still utilize it along with traditional medical care.
Your chiropractor will be able to tell you about all your medical problems. Tell your regular doctor all the complementary healthcare options that might work best for you.